this is for you mom

Monday, December 18, 2006

erica finds a phone

so last thursday night I was riding home from venting/food/homework at palladium and I'm going past St. Marks on 3rd avenue and out of the corner of my eye I saw a blackberry lying on the ground. I stopped, backtracked, and picked it up. I brought it home but it was password protected so I couldn't call a number like "home" or something good like that but it showed the persons name in the top corner. I googled them and "new york" and the home number actually came up. i called the next day, got voicemail, and started to leave a message. his wife picked up the phone, I gave her my number, he called me, and we arranged to meet in front of barnes and nobles in union square (don't worry mom, super public place).

he was a very nice british businessman (of course...he had a blackberry) who was very grateful to have his phone back. he offered me $40 dollars in thanks which I refused and then he offered again and then I refused and then he played the student card and told me he would have to buy a new one anyways and that I should really take it since I had done all I could to find him. So I took it and gave one of the $20's to the homeless woman on the street and spent the other $20 on groceries and some paper for my books. I felt bad taking any of his money...but I felt bad continually refusing as well.



In other news, I went out for coffee with a nice guy last week. I had a nice potluck photo dinner tonight down at water street, got hummus from the boys for hannukah, missed all of you tons, decided I should grow more of a backbone, realized that I will actually miss nyc when i'll be gone for break, and John Courtney got into BC!! (yay!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a dream like 3 nights ago where that actually happened. but i found the phone in ocean and instead of the guy's wife picking up his girlfriend picked up, and instead of it being a really public place it was a really tropical secluded place that we we met up at.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home